Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 7: I DUNKED AT AGE 38!

Some exciting news from last night's basketball game.

First, our team won (even though I missed basically every shot that I took).

Second, after the game, I DUNKED!  (twice!)

Unfortunately, both of my dunks were before I'd started recording video clips... but I did have a witness from my basketball team see them.

DUNK ONE:
  • Standard Two-Foot Jump with One Hand. I'm still not very far over the rim, but the ball went in pretty cleanly.
DUNK TWO:
  • Bounce dunk, where a near-perfect toss made it a very easy finish.  Approached from left to right, and the ball sat up perfectly just in front of the rim (almost a goaltend).

Also, I am jumping higher than any time this year.  On my running vertical jump attempts, I managed to get my entire hand over the rim (to my wrist). With my hand measuring 8.5", I'm going to record this as hitting 10'8", which equals a 31" max vertical with my 8'1" reach.

Here is a new clip of my misses (taken AFTER I'd made the two dunks):


No comments:

Post a Comment