Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 4 Vertical Jump Tests

My 3rd basketball game of the year was tonight, and I was hot and cold to say the least. We got killed as a team, but I had a few decent plays, and I can definitely feel my endurance getting better each week with the extra treadmill work I've been putting in.

Vertical Jump tests:

  • Standing Vertical: I can get still my fingers about 1"-2" over the 10ft rim. Not much has changed, so I'll keep this recorded as 10'1" (121"), or a 24" standing vertical with my 8'1" reach.
  • Running Vertical: Like last week, I can get my fingers approximately 6"-7" over the rim (most of my hand). I'll stick with the same measurement as last week (10'6", or a 29" running vertical), but I'm definitely aiming to get this up by next week!
  • No dunk attempts tonight, but I've also added a running two-handed test to my weekly routine. I can consistently get about half of my fingers (2") of both hands over the rim.  So, I'll mark it as 10'2" for this week.

One concern with my training is that I haven't lost any more weight over the past week.  I'm still around 222 lbs, which I'm going to aim to get under 220 by next week.  This would put me with over 6 lbs lost in January 2015, and (hopefully) set me on a path to stay under 220 lbs from February onward.

Oh - and Happy Birthday to former Raptors' star Vince Carter, who joins me at age 38! I think it's safe to say that he is the best 38-yr-old dunker in the NBA now, even if he's not jumping over 7ft Frenchmen anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment