Monday, January 19, 2015

Who's 38 in the NBA?

As I work towards dunking again at age 38, I've realized that there are very few examples/role models from the NBA. When looking Ten Oldest Players in the NBA for 2014-2015, only 3 are already 38 (I'm excluding Steve Nash, since he's effectively retired): Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and Andre Miller.

Some interesting dunk-related notes from this list:

  • One of the most famous dunkers ever - Vince Carter - is the next oldest, and turns 38 exactly one week from today (January 26th). Already this season, Vince has proven that he can still throw down impressive dunks in his late 30's.


  • The only player who is close to my size is Andre Miller. He's listed as 6'2" and 200 lbs, which is almost exactly what my weight goal is. To show that even NBA players my size struggle with dunking, here's Andre Miller's last attempted in-game dunk (it didn't turn out so well).


(to be fair, Miller did surprise people with a solid in-game dunk back in 2010 at age 33)



No comments:

Post a Comment