Monday, May 30, 2016

More Updates...

It's been another couple of months since my last update.  Here's what I've been up to...


  • I've lost over 20 pounds since the start of the year!  Down to 215 lbs from 236 on Jan 1st.  My FitBit really does make a difference -- I'm focused on physical activity every day.
  • Haven't been doing much dunk practice, but I have been keeping up some plyometrics and other jump training.  I can touch my 10'3" basement ceiling on a depth jump now!
  • Just trying to stay healthy and improve my conditioning a little bit every day.

In other news, I just discovered that Sports Illustrated had a long form article "Learn To Dunk" last year:  http://www.si.com/longform/2015/dunking/.  This article describes a very similar journey to my own, right down to the Tim Grover training guide ("Jump Attack") and searching for local playground rims to practice on.

For those that didn't see it, TNT just finished airing "The Dunk King", which featured most of the world's top dunkers.  I felt that Jordan Kilganon was robbed, but still enjoyed the series.  Clips can be found on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU6BYY1Lu_ffetIxMhH_hZOkr41U4ADbL


No comments:

Post a Comment